Take on a unique 4N/5D culinary and permaculture immersion in the province of Antique, “where the mountains meet the sea”. Unfettered by overtourism and commercial development, Antique offers a glimpse of rural, pastoral life as you ride past rice farms, beaches, small neighbourhoods and schools with lush mountains as your backdrop.
Cooking classes with chef Ken Cazeñas start with a mystery basket of ingredients from Alpas’ backyard garden and local market. Participants are guided through different preparations of each ingredient to make any variety of soup, salad, roasted or grilled side dishes, sauces, and more. Classes always focus on using your intuition to guide your cooking, local ingredients and minimizing waste. Vegetarian/vegan cooking classes are welcomed.
Beyond culinary delights, this immersion also includes a session where you get to learn Buri weaving from local experts, a 4-hr session where participants weave a small bag or box using Buri palm leaves.
The permaculture immersion will take place in Green Warrior Eco-Farm, a fully-operational permaculture farm that grows organic black rice, free-range native black pigs, chicken, ducks and native tilapia.
Rates/person depend on the # of pax:
*A 6N/7D itinerary of this immersion may be requested. A sidetrip to Nogas Island and a Trash Eco-jewelry workshop by the Alima community will be added.
Email email@example.com for bookings and inquiries.
• Travel to Alpas
• Settle in Alpas
• Afternoon personal time, tour the Alpas garden: overview of animal husbandry, organic gardening, permaculture, integration with the restaurant & zero waste operations
• Make your own cocktails
• Kamayan Dinner
• Goat milking
• Cooking Class – “Mystery Basket Cooking Class” + Lunch (eat what you made!)
• Buri Weaving with local weavers
• Farm to Table Tasting Menu (6-8 courses)
• Discussion: food security, sustainability, zero waste, challenges, solutions, etc.
• Breakfast at Alpas
• Goat milking
• Coconut demo + Toasted coconut meat making + Tuba harvesting
• Travel to Green Warrior (2-hour van) + Green Warrior Tour & Lunch: Intro to Permaculture
• Afternoon Farm Activities: nursery/herb basics, compost basics
• Dinner & Overnight at Green Warrior
• Breakfast at Green Warrior
• Farm activities: Tree planting
• Afternoon Hike
• Farm activities: native pig/chicken raising & gardening
• Last breakfast at Green Warrior
• Pack up, departure (Van pick up at Green Warrior, drop off at Iloilo airport)
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox