These terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with the Booking Terms and Conditions both of which govern your participation in the tour.
1. APPROVED REQUESTS FOR EXPLORATIONS AND TOURS. I certify that my visit/trip was requested for & arranged ahead of time directly with ECOEX TRAVEL & TOURS (herein referred to as Eco Explorations) by myself and/or my companions. My visit is not commercially organized and bought through an unaccredited agency, organizer, or van rental group. I understand that non-compliance, misrepresentation and fraud, merits automatic forfeiture of my visit at any point in time or the visit. No refunds to my deposits shall be made by Eco Explorations.
2. AIDS AND COMPANIONS. I understand that guests are responsible and accountable for the groups help, aides, and companions. All rules of the destinations we visit, which are oriented at the start of each tour, are expected to be respected throughout.
3. HEALTH. I am in good health condition to participate (should you be pregnant, recovering from surgery, have heart, back/ neck/joint problems, or an existing condition that may get aggravated, kindly inform us).
4. ROUTE & DIRECTIONS. Eco Explorations will give directions to the sites of their explorations and tours, and can recommend modes of transportation and service providers, but is not responsible for how visitors reach the sites and what happens during transport.
5. WEATHER AND UNEXPECTED OCCURRENCES. I understand that cancellations due to severe weather conditions and other concerns may be made by Eco Explorations to ensure safety.
1. CHANGES TO ITINERARY. Many of the activities offered on Eco Explorations are weather dependent and cannot be guaranteed. Wildlife viewing, hikes, boat rides, activities etc may be cancelled on short notice and the itinerary altered to suit the situation as it arises. Eco Explorations does not offer refunds or credits for cancelled activities or changes to a planned itinerary. Eco Explorations reserves the right to change or cancel any itinerary or service at any time due to insufficient enrolment, bad weather conditions or other reasons without penalty to Eco Explorations.
2. REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICIES. Your payment is non-refundable, but may be transferred to another person with proper endorsement to Eco Explorations prior to the trip. Should Eco Explorations cancel a trip, a full refund will be made. We will make the final decision to operate or cancel a trip anytime up to, but not later than 2 weeks before the trip begins. Please note that if a cancelation of a trip is due to forces of nature, Eco Explorations will not be issuing refunds, and refunds will have to be processed by your insurance company.
3. PRIVACY. Any personal information that we collect about you may be used for any purpose associated with the operation of a trip or to send you material (i.e. newsletters) in relation to our events and special offers. The information may be disclosed to our agents, service providers or other suppliers to enable us to operate the Trip. We will otherwise treat your details with security.
Guidelines during the tours/explorations:
1. I understand that my party and/or I must be accompanied by a guide/ranger at all times in the sites that we will visit.
2. I will comply by all guidelines administered by the site/s.
3. I will not litter inside the site/s that we will visit. I understand that all items brought inside – small or large, biodegradable or non-biodegradable, must also be brought home.
3. I will honor a no-smoking policy within the sites we visit. I understand that cigarettes, cigars, and alternatives for these are prohibited within these sites.
4. I will not create noise of any sort and will be conscientious in my movement inside. I understand that these can strain the area’s wildlife and disrupt other guests.
5. I will not feed or touch the animals should we be fortunate to encounter wildlife . Likewise, I understand that picking up of flowers, rocks, and other specimens are prohibited. All of these are here for everyone to appreciate.
6. I will stay in the premises of the sites allocated for visitors and will not go beyond designated steps and areas. I understand that this may harm myself and the flora, as well as affect the cleanliness and safety of the sites if not complied with.
7. I will wear provided head-protection (if any) during the explorations/tours. I understand that rocks inside may inherently have sharp edges, and the trail may be slippery especially when wet.
8. I will ensure that all loose objects such as cameras, sunglasses, etc. are secured and will not fall off. I understand that management will not be liable for the retrieval of dropped items.
9. I will omit personal tipping. This ensures non-interference of visits to priority conservation work, and encourages consistency in experience among guest visits. Should I feel an absolute, unavoidable need to tip, I will request for the shared bucket which ensures equitable distribution among all staff doing protection, maintenance and guiding.
10. If you have a complaint about your trip please inform your group leader or our local representative immediately at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 30 days of the end of the tour.
*** Eco Explorations, through its partner sites, reserves the right to ask guests to leave and to seek legal remedies, if needed for failure of compliance to the information stated herein.
*** A penalty of PHP500 automatically applies for the first non-compliance to littering, smoking, and picking/collection of animals, plants, and rocks policies.***
Proceeding with any of our explorations and trips that are mostly outdoors in nature indicates that you understand the risks associated with and that by your participation, you are exposing yourself to risks including, but not limited to, those identified for your reference below:
1. Rock terrain, which has dangers, obstacles and hazards including:
a. Falls on, from, or onto steep, slippery, and/or uneven terrain resulting into contact with rocks, trees, obstructions, structures, and other participants;
b. Falling rocks, rock tool chips produced during rock splitting; and
c. Exposure to sinkholes, and locations of heights
2. Exposure to extreme weather conditions such as rain, flooding, and the effects of heat and strong sunlight
3. Exposure to flora and fauna wildlife
4. Exposure to trails with dangers and obstacles, inherent in its nature, and involves exposure to heights
5. Unpredicted natural occurrences
By agreeing to all terms and conditions listed in this document, which I have indicated to read, understand and accept fully before booking the trip through Eco Explorations’ website, I, being 18 years old or older, or the legal parent/guardian of the above named person who is under age 18, in consideration of participating in the exploration/tour I voluntarily joined, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS for any and all purposes Eco Explorations, their respective officers, servants, agents, volunteers, contractors, affiliates or employees (herein collectively referred to as RELEASEES) from and against any and all liabilities, responsibilities, claims, demands, causes of action or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or others, in any way arising out of or as a result of my participation in such ACTIVITY, or while on the premises brought to by the RELEASEES, shall deliver the program, including without limitation those acts or omissions which are negligent. Nothing in this form shall be deemed to affect the rights, privileges and immunities afforded by Eco Explorations. I acknowledge the ACTIVITY may be physically strenuous and hazardous. I know of no medical reason why I should not participate.
2. I am fully aware that there are inherent risks involved with ACTIVITY, including but not limited to possible physical injury ranging from a. minor (i.e. scratches, bruises, sprains, animal bites) b. major (i.e. joint or back injuries, concussions, heart attacks) and catastrophic (i.e. paralysis, loss of life) and I choose to voluntarily participate in said ACTIVITY with full knowledge that said ACTIVITY may be hazardous to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me as a result of participating in said ACTIVITY, whether supervised or unsupervised. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the RELEASEES for any loss, liability, judgment, settlement, damage or costs, including court costs and attorneys fees for both the trial and appellate levels that may occur as a result of my participation in said ACTIVITY.
3. I understand that the ACTIVITY I participate in (which may include, but is not limited to, hiking, snorkeling, diving, and other forms of ourdoor recreation) may have risks. The risks include, but are not limited to, loss or damage to personal property, injury or fatality due to inclement weather, slipping, falling, insect or animal bites, falling objects, or suffering any type of accident or illness on the activity site or while traveling to the activity site. I HAVE A PERSONAL DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY TO LEARN AND FOLLOW THE SAFETY STANDARDS, GUIDELINES, AND PROCEDURES ESTABLISHED BY MY FACILITATORS AND WILL MAKE THEM AWARE AT ANY POINT DURING THE ACTIVITY IN WHICH I QUESTION MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE STANDARDS, GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES OR MY ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE. I will have choices regarding my participation in the ACTIVITY and I will not be required to participate against my wishes. I understand that I will be encouraged to participate, and I also understand that I can withdraw from any activity at any time without penalty or repercussions of any nature.
4. It is my express intent that this Agreement shall bind the members of my own family and spouse, heirs, assigns and personal representatives.
5. I understand that RELEASEES do not maintain any insurance policy covering any circumstance arising from my participation in this ACTIVITY or any event related to that participation. As such, I am aware that I should review my personal insurance coverage.
6. I hereby certify that I am at least 18 years of age and am legally competent to sign this release form. If I am under the age of 18, I have had a legal parent/ guardian sign this agreement, along with myself. It is my express intent that this release shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representatives, if I am deceased, and shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. I understand that this is the entire agreement between myself (or my legal parent/guardian) and Eco Explorations, and that it cannot be modified or changed in any way by the representations or statements of any employee or agent of the Eco Explorations, or by me (or my legal parent/guardian).
7. I hereby give permission for the name, likeness and biographical material of the participant listed below to be used solely for the purposes of the Eco Explorations-related promotional material and publications, and I waive any rights of compensation, review or ownership thereto.
8. I further agree that this waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the Republic of the Philippines and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
9. I hereby represent that I have read this agreement in its entirety and understand all of the terms and conditions it contains and understand that I am giving up substantial rights by signing it, including my right to sue, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from this agreement have been made. I execute this document for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by the same, now and in the future.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox