Take on a unique 2N/3D culinary immersion in Alpas, a place off the beaten track in the lesser known province of Antique, “where the mountains meet the sea”. Unfettered by overtourism and commercial development, Antique offers a glimpse of rural, pastoral life as you ride past rice farms, beaches, small neighbourhoods and schools with lush mountains as your backdrop.
Cooking classes with chef Ken Cazeñas start with a mystery basket of ingredients from Alpas’ backyard garden and local market. Participants are guided through different preparations of each ingredient to make any variety of soup, salad, roasted or grilled side dishes, sauces, and more. Classes always focus on using your intuition to guide your cooking, local ingredients and minimizing waste. Vegetarian/vegan cooking classes are welcomed.
Beyond culinary delights, this immersion also includes a session where you get to learn Buri weaving from local experts, a 4-hr session where participants weave a small bag or box using Buri palm leaves.
Rates/person depend on the # of pax:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and inquiries.
|#||Discount group||From adult||To adult||Value|
• Travel to Alpas
• Settle in
• Afternoon personal time, tour the Alpas garden: overview of their animal husbandry, organic gardening, permaculture, integration with the restaurant & zero waste operations
• Make your own cocktails
• Kamayan Dinner
• Cooking Class – “Mystery Basket Cooking Class” + Lunch (eat what you made!)
• Buri Weaving with local weavers
• Farm to Table Tasting Menu (6-8 courses)
• Discussion: food security, sustainability, zero waste, challenges, solutions etc.
• Pack up, departure